Vantage Point Apartments LLC ("Vantage Point", "we", "us" or "our"), owner of www.trojanbuildings.com (the "Site") is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated as you make full use of the Site. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
- Collection. While you can browse some sections of the Site without being a registered user, certain activities (such as submitting a rental application) do require registration. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. In most cases, the information we hold about you is collected on the Site, but we may also collect information from private-label, co-branded and affiliate websites. Depending on the services used, we may collect and store the following personal information:
- contact information such as name, email address, address and telephone number;
- move-in date and demographic information such as gender, age, marital status, occupation, and other personal and lifestyle information (for example, if you respond to an optional survey request);
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- Rental charges you incur and other information relating to your transactions;
- Affiliations with companies, associations, colleges or cities;
- additional information we may ask you to send or questions we may ask you to answer to verify your identity (such as your driver's license, credit card statement, and/or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address);
- vehicle information, lease terms, lease parties and other transactional information; and
- information based on your activities on the Site, such as search information, computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to, from and within the Site, ad data, and IP address and standard web log information; and
- supplemental information from third parties (for example, if submit a rental application or you incur a debt to us, we may conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
- Use. Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Process your rental applications;
- Bill and collect amounts owed to us for your apartment rental;
- Provide the services and customer support you request, including confirming emails related to the website services, reminders and transactions;
- Inform you of events of interest occurring in the local area, including emergencies;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems;
- Customize your experience and otherwise measure and improve our services and the Site's content and layout;
- Tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences. (If we use your personal information to market to you, we will notify you and give you the opportunity to opt-out of such uses.);
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties;
- Measure consumer interest in our products and services;
- Help promote a safe service and detect and prevent error, fraud and other potentially prohibited or illegal activity;
- For customer satisfaction and market research purposes to help us improve our services;
- Enforce our agreements, terms, condition, and policies; and
- As otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- Disclosure. We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may share some or all of your personal information with other third parties in connection with your rental, including:
- Your credit card provider and other companies that process your charges;
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information, or about whom you are explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service. (The information we disclose in this way may be subject to those third parties' privacy policies.);
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as repair personnel, fraud investigations, bill collection and invoicing);
- other companies acting as our agents to assist us in the conduct of our business by performing services for us under our instruction, including hosting certain websites or databases, running promotions for us, sending marketing communications, carrying out data analysis and conducting customer satisfaction surveys or other research. We will require our agents to maintain appropriate security standards to protect your personal data and use the data only for the purposes we specify; and
We may also disclose personal information if permitted to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process.
- Cookies. We or our service providers may place cookies or web beacons on your computer when you visit portions of our Site. While we currently do not use permanent cookies, we may in the future use permanent cookies to provide personalized features, such as automatically logging you into your personalized home page. We use session cookies, which are deleted when you log out of the Site or browse to a different website, to monitor and improve the functionality and usability of our Site. You can block our cookies by changing the settings on your browser (contact your ISP for help), but doing so may prevent us from delivering certain services to you.
- Account Protection. Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Site password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
- Security. Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
- Questions. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the following address:
Vantage Point Apartments LLC
C/o Horizon Construction, Inc.
2601 Ocean Park Blvd, Suite 316
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Attn: Privacy Officer
Phone: (310) 399-7333